Massage therapy is a natural healthcare intervention that uses manually applied pressure or motion to treat the soft tissues of the body. Massage eases pain, increases flexibility and improves circulation This form of therapy can be used to treat an array of symptoms and discomforts stemming from injuries, stress, muscular overuse and many chronic pain syndromes.
Massage Therapy is widely used to help patients obtain relief from many specific conditions including:
- Muscle spasms/strains/sprains
- Back, shoulder and neck pain
- Post-injury rehabilitation
- Stress and tension
- Nerve compression syndromes
- Pregnancy-related discomfort
- Poor circulation/ Lymph drainage
In addition to treating an existing problem, massage therapy also has a significant strength of preventing conditions before they develop.